TRU-COAT+ ™ CERAMIC PROTECTION WARRANTYTRU-COAT+ CERAMIC PAINT PROTECTION WARRANTY
Register your warranty at https://boydsdetailgarage.com/staging/warranty/
This warranty outlines the coverage offered in the US and Canada. Warranties in all other countries may have different coverages, durations, and terms.
Boyd Coddington® warrants, provided that TRU-COAT+ ™ Paint Protection was purchased by Boyd Coddington® Detail Garage or a Boyd Coddington® authorized distributor your vehicle’s paint finish will remain protected against:
Loss of gloss
If any treated paint is shown to be adversely affected from exposure to these conditions or through normal use, as evidenced by a visible loss of paint gloss or intractable stain, and providing that all of the terms of this warranty have been met, then such conditions will be remedied free of charge by Boyd Coddington® and / or authorized distributor who reserve the right to attempt repairs through professional surface reconditioning / polishing before repainting the damaged area.
APPLICABLE VEHICLES AND PERIOD OF COVERAGE
TRU-COAT+ ™ Coverage terms up to Lifetime, eligibility varies by Model Year
Model Year 0-2 Years Old – LIFETIME WARRANTY
(Complete TRU-COAT+™ Kit must be purchased to qualify for the Lifetime Warranty).
3 Years Old or Older – 8 YEAR WARRANTY
Warranty coverage is only valid if the Purchaser has been registered within 30 days of application at www.boydsdetailgarage/warranty
1. The vehicle must remain registered, for the entire duration of the warranty.
2. Only vehicles registered as passenger vehicles will be warranted. Commercial vehicles of any kind will not be covered.
3. It is recommended that vehicles over 3 months old be machine polished by an approved applicator or one recommended by a Boyd Coddington® authorized distributor prior to application. Newer vehicles may also require a machine polish if advised by the approved authorized distributor.
4. Warranty is registered in the name of the vehicle owner and cannot be transferred.
5. Should a product reapplication be required (e.g. vehicle accident) you or your insurer are liable for a reapplication fee.
6. The vehicle exterior paintwork must be maintained and washed regularly, to prevent contamination build up (bi-weekly). After washing insure that no water is left to dry on the coated surface, particularly within the first two (2) weeks after installation. In the event that your vehicle is exposed to high mineral-content water (“hard” or “soft” water) like that from some automated car washes, sprinkler systems or tap water in some areas, then all coated areas need to be dried as soon as possible with a microfiber cloth. Any water that is left to dry may form visible ringlets, which should be wiped off with vinegar until the mineral deposit is removed, as soon as possible.
7. Successful registration must have been completed with true and accurate data, and confirmation number must be saved.
Where the owner has deemed to have been careless, negligent or failed to maintain the exterior painted surface in the correct manner.
1. Pre-existing damage to the painted surface or any other treated part of substandard specification, materials or workmanship by vehicle manufacturer, their dealership, third-party supplier or modifier, or professional detailers not authorized by Boyd Coddington®.
2. Damage to the coated surface by incorrect manual wash techniques, automatic car washes, brushes or contaminated wash tools that may cause abrasion, or damage caused by a third party not authorized by Boyd Coddington®.
3. Swirl marks, marring, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, chips to the painted surface.
4. Water spots – Water spots are caused by hard water (mineral deposits), which when left to dry on the paint may leave a stain, water spotting is not covered.
5. Failed Clear Coat – Peeling, Hazing and Fading or any claim for matters which are covered by vehicle manufacturers’ warranty.
6. Damage caused by collision, accidental damage, vandalism, malicious damage, fire, hail, flood, stones, collision, surface rust, rail dust, physical damage, paint overspray, water etch or vehicle manufacturer’ defects, or defects which may be covered under a manufacturers or dealerships protection plan.
7. Areas that have not been retreated after a paint repair.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY (CLAIMS)
Damage that may be covered under this warranty must be made aware to an approved applicator within 30 days, failure to comply will result in the warranty being terminated. Claim determination is at the sole discretion of Boyd Coddington®. either approving the repair/retreatment by an approved distributor or refunding the application cost to the vehicle owner at a maximum of $1000 and terminating the warranty, whichever is less.
Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of Platte County, Missouri, USA. The involved parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of that State.
TO MAKE A CLAIM CONTACT: Boyd Coddington® or your local distributor:
Phone: 1 855 952 0700